October was the busiest month in the history of the NHSVC with 132 interments. You can see the list of those interred here: http://www.nhsvc.com/sites/default/files/public/10_20_interments.pdf
Cemetery offices are closed on November 11th in honor of Veterans Day. The Veterans Day Ceremony is NOT open to the public. The ceremony will be live-streamed on the NHSVC Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/NHSVC) at 11:00AM on Wednesday, November 11th. The ceremony may also be watched at a later time by visiting our Facebook page.
Wreaths for Boscawen is scheduled for Saturday, December 5th at 10:30 AM. We are committed to having a reverent event while ensuring we keep everyone safe during the pandemic.
• All participants are asked to wear a mask and maintain social distance.
• Please park across the street or on the side of Rte 3.
• Six stations will be set-up around the cemetery. Walk directly to one of the wreath stations. A socially distant line will be formed and guests will come to the wreath station to receive 2 wreaths per person. You will also be given a bow for each wreath.
• Leave the station and proceed to a gravesite of your choice. Place the bow on the wreath at the gravesite and then lean the wreath against the headstone.
• You may return to the line and get more wreaths if you wish, but always two per person per visit.
• We have enough wreaths to place on every other headstone.
• Please do not linger at the cemetery. We ask that once you have placed your wreaths that you return to your car and depart the cemetery. We want to keep parking available for more guests to participate and we want to avoid crowds gathering.
• Please dress warmly as the maintenance building will NOT be open.
• There will no refreshments available this year.
• Bathroom space is VERY LIMITED. The only bathrooms available are on the side of the administration building.
We are no longer associated with the Wreaths Across America (WAA) organization. The Blue Star Mothers of NH purchase wreaths from a local vendor to ensure high quality and to support NH jobs and communities. Also, the cost of the locally purchased wreaths is significantly less than those purchased through the WAA program. If you would like to donate a wreath, please go to https://www.bluestarmothersofnh.org/wreaths-for-boscawen. The Blue Star Mothers of NH uses 100% of your donation on the Wreaths for Boscawen program.
During this Veterans Day week we thank all veterans for your service, including those still serving. Thanks also to the families who love and support them. We are grateful for your service and sacrifice.
Thank you for your continued support of the NHSVC.
Have a nice weekend.
Breaking News from Concord, NH as well as Boscawen, Canterbury, Penacook, Salisbury, Warner and Webster, NH